Re: Future directions for inheritance-hierarchy statistics

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Future directions for inheritance-hierarchy statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/18/15 8:26 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> In
> fact, EnterpriseDB has run into a number of customer situations where
> planning time even for non-inheritance queries is substantially higher
> than, shall we say, a competing commercial product.

If it's the commercial product I'm thinking of, they use multiple levels
of caching to avoid both parse costs as well as plan costs. It's always
impressed me that we didn't have to resort to such shenanigans, but
perhaps there's only so long we can avoid them.

Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?
Сообщение: Re: Remove fsync ON/OFF as a visible option?