Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: GSoC 2015: Extra Jsonb functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/19/15 9:07 AM, Thom Brown wrote:
>> >                 jsonb_to_array
>> >         ------------------------------
>> >            {a, 1, b, c, 2, d, 3, 4}
> Is there a use-case for the example you've given above, where you take
> JSON containing objects and arrays, and flatten them out into a
> one-dimensional array?

There are a lot of things proposed here that are completely ignoring the
idea of nested elements, which I think is a big mistake.

Frankly, I think the whole proposal needs to be rethought with an eye
towards supporting and preserving nested elements instead of trying to
just flatten everything out. If a user wanted things flat they would
have just started with that in the first place.