Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: WIP: multivariate statistics / proof of concept
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On 20.3.2015 09:33, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Patch 0001 needs changes for OIDs since my patch was
> committed. The attached is compatible with current master.

Thanks. I plan to submit a new version of the patch in a few days, with
significant progress in various directions. I'll have to rebase to
current master before submitting the new version anyway (which includes
fixing duplicate OIDs).

> And I tried this like this, and got the following error on
> analyze. But unfortunately I don't have enough time to
> investigate it now.
>
> postgres=# create table t1 (a int, b int, c int);
> insert into t1 (select a/ 10000, a / 10000, a / 10000 from
> generate_series(0, 99999) a);
> postgres=# analyze t1;
> ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 1485176862

Interesting - particularly because this does not involve any
multivariate stats. I can't reproduce it with the current version of the
patch, so either it's unrelated, or I've fixed it since posting the last
version.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/