Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I assume this blocking is because of people who don't read and try to
get removed from the list via the standard threads?

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Stalled post to pgsql-hackers
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 16:52:46 +0000
From: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org
To: Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>

Your message to pgsql-hackers has been delayed, and requires the approval
of the moderators, for the following reason(s):

GLOBAL ADMIN HEADER:  /^subject:\s*remove\b/i matched "Subject: Remove"

If you do not wish the message to be posted, or have other concerns,
please send a message to the list owners at the following address:
   pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org

Hello,

There are just as many people that are running with scissors that are
now running (or attempting to run) our elephant in production. Does it
make sense to remove fsync (and possibly full_page_writes) from such a
visible place as postgresql.conf?

I don't think we should remove the features themselves but perhaps only
have them settable via the new alter system command?

JD
High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: