Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015/03/14 7:18, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think the foreign data wrapper join pushdown case, which also aims
> to substitute a scan for a join, is interesting to think about, even
> though it's likely to be handled by a new FDW method instead of via
> the hook.  Where should the FDW method get called from?

I haven't had enough time to review the patch in details yet, so I don't
know where we should call the method, but I'd vote for the idea of
substituting a scan for a join, because I think that idea would probably
allow update pushdown, which I'm proposing in the current CF, to scale
up to handling a pushed-down update on a join.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita