Re: Sequences in transaction

От Camm Maguire
Тема Re: Sequences in transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greetings!  I've just found .. nothing!  This works pretty well to my
surprise.  Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I did a little rewrite
which builds a doubly-linked list table of dates, with prior date and
next date columns maintained by triggers.  I then retrieve adjacent
pairs of data table rows via a merge with this table.  This appears to
be faster than issuing a subselect  .... order by  ... limit 1 for
each data row, but your key idea (to me, at least) is that I can avoid
sequential sequence numbers by making explicit reference to the order
of the date values themselves.

Thanks again!

--
Camm Maguire                             camm@enhanced.com