Re: [GENERAL] pg_restore to a port where nobody is listening?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] pg_restore to a port where nobody is listening?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/21/2016 11:29 AM, Daniel Westermann wrote:

> Providing "-d" gives a meaningful message at least:
>
> postgres@pgbox:/home/postgres/ [PG961] pg_restore -h localhost -p
> ===6666 -d postgres -F d -C /var/tmp/exp/
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] connection to database "postgres" failed:
> invalid port number: "===6666"
>
> Maybe it is only me, but this is not consistent behavior, is it?

Maybe so but that is why there is documentation for programs/commands ,
to deal with the exceptions. In this case the information is at the top
of the pg_restore docs. Generally whenever I get an odd result I head to
the bottom of the docs under the Notes section. This is usually where
the exceptions are called out.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com