Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Support tab completion for upper character inputs in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10.09.21 15:50, tanghy.fnst@fujitsu.com wrote:
>> (A test case for the enum case should be doable easily.)
> Test added.

The enum test is failing on *some* platforms:

t/010_tab_completion.pl .. 26/?
#   Failed test 'complete enum values'
#   at t/010_tab_completion.pl line 211.
# Actual output was "ALTER TYPE mytype1 RENAME VALUE '\a\r\n'BLUE'
'bLACK'  'green'  \r\npostgres=# ALTER TYPE mytype1 RENAME VALUE '"
# Did not match "(?^:'bLACK' + 'BLUE' + 'green')"

So the ordering of the suggested completions is different.  I don't know
offhand how that ordering is determined.  Perhaps it's dependent on
locale, readline version, or operating system.  In any case, we need to
figure this out to make this test stable.