Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position

От Petr Jelinek
Тема Re: proposal: searching in array function - array_position
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 22/02/15 12:19, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> <mailto:petr@2ndquadrant.com>>:
>
>     On 28/01/15 08:15, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>         <mailto:Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com>>>:
>
>              On 1/27/15 4:36 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
>

>                  It is only partially identical - I would to use cache for
>                  array_offset, but it is not necessary for array_offsets ..
>                  depends how we would to modify current API to support
>         externally
>                  cached data.
>

>              Externally cached data?
>

>         Some from these functions has own caches for minimize access to
>         typcache
>         (array_map, array_cmp is example). And in first case, I am trying to
>         push these information from fn_extra, in second case I don't do it,
>         because I don't expect a repeated call (and I am expecting so
>         type cache
>         will be enough).
>

>     You actually do caching via fn_extra in both case and I think that's
>     the correct way, and yes that part can be moved common function.
>
>     I also see that the documentation does not say what is returned by
>     array_offset if nothing is found (it's documented in code but not in
>     sgml).
>

> rebased + fixed docs

You still duplicate the type cache code, but many other array functions
do that too so I will not hold that against you. (Maybe somebody should
write separate patch that would put all that duplicate code into common
function?)

I think this patch is ready for committer so I am going to mark it as such.

Services