Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Idea: closing the loop for "pg_ctl reload"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/4/15 7:13 PM, Jan de Visser wrote:
> On March 4, 2015 11:08:09 PM Andres Freund wrote:
>> Let's get the basic feature (notification of failed reloads) done
>> first. That will be required with or without including the error
>> message.  Then we can get more fancy later, if somebody really wants to
>> invest the time.
>
> Except for also fixing pg_reload_conf() to pay attention to what happens with
> postmaster.pid, the patch I submitted does exactly what you want I think.
>
> And I don't mind spending time on stuff like this. I'm not smart enough to deal
> with actual, you know, database technology.

Yeah, lets at least get this wrapped and we can see about improving it.

I like the idea of doing a here-doc or similar in the .pid, though I
think it'd be sufficient to just prefix all the continuation lines with
a tab. An uglier option would be just striping the newlines out.