Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 3/3/15 2:36 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> On 03/03/2015 02:59 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Meh.  Doing this strikes me as a serious documentation failure, since it
>>> is no longer apparent what happens if you put in a unitless number.
>> Well, you know my opinion about documentation in the pg.conf file.
>> However, I'm not confident I'm in the majority there.

If we were consistent across all variables for each vartype we could
maybe get away with this. But that's not the case. How are users
supposed to know that statement_timeout is in ms while
authentication_timeout is in seconds?

> I think there's a difference between comments about the function of a
> GUC and stating the units it's specified in. It's more than annoying to
> have to go and look that up where it's not stated.

Look up the units?