Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/03/2015 02:12 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> On 03/02/2015 03:43 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> Independent of the rest of the changes, the "in logfile segments" bit
>>> should probably be changed.
>>
>> Point!  Although I think it's fair to point out that that wasn't my
>> omission, but Heikki's.
>>
>> Version C, with that correction, attached.
>
> Minor comments:
>
> "The default settings are 5 minutes and 128 MB, respectively." in wal.sgml
> needs to be updated.
>

>      int            max_wal_size = 8;        /* 128 MB */
>
> It's better to update the above code in xlog.c. That's not essential, though.

Attached is version D, which incorporates the above two changes, but NOT
a general unit comment cleanup of postgresql.conf, which needs to be an
entirely different patch.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB
Сообщение: Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB