Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB
Дата
Re: Patch: raise default for max_wal_segments to 1GB  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/03/2015 10:15 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 03/02/2015 11:25 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> I propose that we remove the comment from max_wal_size, and also remove
>> the "in milliseconds" from wal_receiver_timeout and
>> autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay.
>
> +1

Actually, let's be consistent about this.  It makes no sense to remove
unit comments from some settings which accept ms but not others.

Do we want to remove unit comments from all settings which accept
"MB,GB" or "ms,s,min"?  There's more than a few.  I'd be in favor of
this, but seems like (a) it should be universal, and (b) its own patch.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.