Re:

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/03/2015 04:39 AM, Ramesh T wrote:
> hi all,
>             I am using postgres 9.4 on windows 7.
>
> i want import that backup sql file into postgres schema.
> i googled i got copy, but when i ran in windows
>
> COPY actor FROM 'c:\users\venu\downloads\sakila-data.sql';
>
> ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""

The problem is above, you can not have an empty string in a integer
field. That is a MySQLism for NULL. There is a version of the Sakila
data files rewritten for Postgres, called Pagila. Unfortunately it is on
PgFoundry (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbsamples/) and that site seems
to be dead.  So you have couple of options, sanitize the data files
using some text tools to clean out the empty strings or make the table
field a varchar and clean the data there and then change back to integer.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com