Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 03/02/2015 12:02 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
>>> If .US can support *specifically meetup*, then
>>> I think we could get a lot farther along the path of having regular
>>> PUGs because meetup is what people actually use and the meetup based
>>> PUGs, generally speaking, do quite well.
>>
>> My point was, I doubt I could convince the board to expense the
>> money when we have GAPPS including Groups and G+ and Events etc...
>> all for free via our 501c3 account with Google.
>
> Can the PUGs make use of that?  I use meetup as an example, but if
> Google provides something comparable, that all the PUGs could use..

Certainly, it is how WhatcomPUG[1] exists although it isn't tied to PgUS
(outside of being an affiliated group). I could certainly talk to the
board and see if this is something we are interested (at least for .US
based groups).

However, if we aren't, there is nothing stopping ANYONE from creating a
free (and public) G+ community that is also able to host events etc...

1. https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/116781216881095067633

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc

Now I get it: your service is designed for a customer
base that grew up with Facebook, watches Japanese seizure
robot anime, and has the attention span of a gnat.
I'm not that user., "Tyler Riddle"

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server
Сообщение: Re: Policy for expiring lists WAS: Idea for a secondary list server