Re: how to do merge in postgres ("with upsert as" not supported)

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: how to do merge in postgres ("with upsert as" not supported)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/26/15 2:23 PM, Tong Michael wrote:
> I saw some people use "with upsert as", but my pgAdmin version(1.8)
> doesn't support it. Anyone has any ideas how to do merge in postgres?____

Actually, this feature is in active development and will hopefully make
it into 9.5.

In the meantime, take a look at Example 40-2 in the Trapping Errors
section of the plpgsql docs for how you can do this today:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/interactive/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING