Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/26/2015 11:03 AM, Tim Smith wrote:
> FYI.... although I remain a +1 on KISS and emitting "infinity", for
> those of you still yearning after a standards-based implementation,
> there is a StackOverflow post which hints at sections 3.5 and 3.7 of
> ISO8601:2004.
>
> Unfortunatley I can't find a link to an ISO8601:2004 text, so you'll
> have to make do with the SO quoted extracts instead....
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11408249/how-do-you-represent-forever-infinitely-in-the-future-in-iso8601

If you want to do that then store that in your date/timestamp data and
we'll output it. But we're not going to silently convert infinity to
anything else:

    andrew=# select to_json('99999-12-31'::timestamptz);
                to_json
      "99999-12-31T00:00:00-05:00"

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"
Сообщение: Re: "JSON does not support infinite date values"