Re: Row-level Security vs Application-level authz

От David Steele
Тема Re: Row-level Security vs Application-level authz
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/23/15 8:16 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * David G. Johnston (david.g.johnston@gmail.com) wrote:
>> I take it that the table has to be permanent otherwise you would have
>> suggested
>> and unlogged temporary table as the target...
>
> A temporary table would have to be recreated each time and that'd be
> less than ideal.  You can use a single unlogged table which includes the
> backend pid (which can be acquired through a function call) to keep
> track of which user is logged in on a given backend at a given point in
> time.

It's not clear to me why creating a temp table per session would be less
than ideal.  I've certainly used session-scope temp tables to good
effect a number of times.  Transaction-scope would be another story of
course.

Am I missing something?

--
- David Steele
david@pgmasters.net

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: What is the alternate of FILTER below Postgresql 9.4?
Сообщение: Re: What is the alternate of FILTER below Postgresql 9.4?