Re: Issue dumping schema using readonly user

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Issue dumping schema using readonly user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/19/2015 01:46 AM, Daniel LaMotte wrote:
> Thank you all so much for the feedback.
>
> At this point, I'm convinced that the issue is more complicated than I
> originally thought :)
>
> FWIW, my use case is for a company internal database.  I open the
> database up to all users by simply having a "readonly" user that anyone
> can use to connect to the database and run queries.  Some tables have
> sensitive data in them that I would prefer not to allow users to simply
> have access to via this account.  However, that said, there are internal
> people that we want to empower to develop our internal tool and so the
> idea is that they can take a database dump using the readonly user to
> replicate the schema in their own instance.
>
> I realize this usage may be quite specific to our company, but it seemed
> like the issue (as an outsider) was very simple.

FYI, using pgAdmin(http://www.pgadmin.org/) might be a solution. I just
tried it. I logged in as readonly and looked at the
mytable_is_not_readonly table. pgAdmin threw a permissions error, but
still showed the CREATE TABLE script in the SQL pane. Could be a way to
let your users get at the schema definitions.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com