Re: pg-common 9.4-bdr patch

От Sébastien Lardière
Тема Re: pg-common 9.4-bdr patch
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi,

Here a first version of a debian package for PostgreSQL BDR,

as I forgot the mailing list, i send it again,

Attached files are :

 - a patch for postgresql-common package
 - a debian directory for postgresql-bdr (forked from postgresql-9.4
debian direcory)
 - a debian directory for bdr-plugin (inspired from existing extensions)
 Source files of postgresql-common was found at :
https://alioth.debian.org/scm/loggerhead/pkg-postgresql/postgresql-common/trunk/files

And source files can be found by following this doc :

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=2ndquadrant_bdr.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.src;h=2d6e0f5c490ac3c9bb251dbecf8c36a40ada89db;hb=refs/heads/bdr-plugin/next

The postgresql-common patch permit the use of "9.4-bdr" version for a
cluster. This version is used in the other packages

Packages are build using debuild command, and the dependencies (and
build-dependencies) are the same as postgresql-9.4

the only things to do is to extract the debian directory inside the
source directory, then run 'debuild' ; I'm using a debian/sid VM.

For postgresql-bdr, there two patch to apply :

- debian/patches/55-nls-global_majorversion.patch
- debian/patches/56-Makefileglobal_pkglibdir.patch

I thought it is automatic, but i had to apply manually, i'd been unable
to manage this automatically,

postgresql-bdr-9.4 and co, particularly -dev packages, must be installed
before building bdr-plugin packages.

Please test this, so we can improve all theses packages,

One of next steps will be using the existing extention (ip4r, prefix,
...) with this postgresql-bdr-9.4 packages, without building specific
package extensions ...

regards,

--
Sébastien Lardière