Re: Reverse Key Index

От Sven R. Kunze
Тема Re: Reverse Key Index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks for the immediate reply.

I understand the use case is quite limited.

On the other hand, I see potential when it comes to applications which
use PostgreSQL. There, programmers would have to change a lot of code to
tweak existing (and more importantly working) queries to hash/reverse an
id column first. Using ORMs would make this change even more painful and
maybe even impossible.

When reading
https://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/introduction-to-reverse-key-indexes-part-i/
carefully, it also seems to work with index scan partially in case of
equality comparisons.

--
Sven R. Kunze
TBZ-PARIV GmbH, Bernsdorfer Str. 210-212, 09130 Chemnitz

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Reiner Wohlgemuth
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Chemnitz
Registergericht: Chemnitz HRB 8543