Re: Hardware requirements for a PostGIS server

От Mathieu Basille
Тема Re: Hardware requirements for a PostGIS server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks to Gavin and Alban for additional considerations, all very useful.
As for Linux, I have to admit that I am biased too! I use it heavily, which
is the reason I would incline for its use. But after all, since I'm not
going to administrate the server, the best choice will probably be IT
choice! As long as it makes sense from a user perspective (performance,
feature set, usability, etc.)...

Thanks again! As usual, feel free to add more to the discussion, but there
are already plenty of information that is very useful to start the process
with IT in my center!

Best,
Mathieu.

--

~$ whoami
Mathieu Basille

~$ locate --details
University of Florida \\
Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center
(+1) 954-577-6314

~$ fortune
« Le tout est de tout dire, et je manque de mots
Et je manque de temps, et je manque d'audace. »
  -- Paul Éluard