Re: How to hide stored procedure's bodies from specific user

От Alexey Bashtanov
Тема Re: How to hide stored procedure's bodies from specific user
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello, Saimon,

I propose the following (ugly) solution.

------
/*as some privileged user: */

begin;

create table hidden_function_foo as select $code$
     create function pg_temp.foo(p_input text) returns text as $$
         select /*nodoby knows we are using
md5*/md5('the_salt_nobody_can_see' || p_input ||
'one_more_salt_nobody_can_see');
     $$ language sql;
$code$::text code;

revoke all on table hidden_function_foo from ro;

create function foo(p_input text) returns text as $$
declare
     l_res text;
begin
     drop function if exists pg_temp.foo(text);
     execute (select code from hidden_function_foo);
     l_res := (select pg_temp.foo(p_input));
     drop function pg_temp.foo(text);
     return l_res;
end;
$$ language plpgsql security definer set search_path to pg_catalog,
public, pg_temp;

grant execute on function foo(text) to ro;

end;

------

/*as unprivileged ro user*/
select foo('bar');
select * from hidden_function_foo; -- fails

------

Maybe the solution is still unsafe, it is sufficient to make the inner
function produce some error to get a part of its body as a stacktrace.

BTW Do you believe hiding procedure bodies greatly improves security?
isn't it easier to hide salts, keys etc only?

Regards, Alexey