Re: Cluster seems broken after pg_basebackup

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Cluster seems broken after pg_basebackup
Дата
Re: Cluster seems broken after pg_basebackup  (Guillaume Drolet <droletguillaume@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 2/9/15 11:51 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> According to this page
> <https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/cc704588.aspx>, exception
> 0xC0000005 means STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION - The instruction at 0x%08lx
> referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s. This is not of
> much help to me.

In my experience that means that your data is corrupted.

> I hope these additional bits of information can help someone figuring
> out a solution to get my cluster up and running again.
>
> PS. I was thinking of reinstalling PGSQL over my current install but
> keeping my PGDATA. I've done it in the past for fixing problems with
> starting the service and it worked. What do you think?

You could try it, but as Guillaume Drolet mentioned I don't see this
helping.

Since this is happening on your original database, I suspect that's
what's been corrupted. In my experience, this means you either have
faulty hardware, or there's a misconfiguration that means fsync isn't
doing what it's supposed to do.