pg_rewind

От Georges Racinet
Тема pg_rewind
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hello list,

first message here, so first things first: thank you all for
apt.postgresql.org (apt.p.o for short). We've been using and
recommending it for a while at Anybox, and that has been tremendously
useful.

Now to my question:

I'd like to evaluate pg_rewind [1] with the idea to maybe use it on our
production replica sets.
Are there any plans to package and include it in apt.p.o ? If not, and
we turn out willing to use it, I'd probably try and package it anyway,
and would look for the proper place to contribute that.

As of now, pg_rewind is not in contrib/ ; would that be against apt.p.o
policy ?

Lastly, the FAQ seems to suggest that apt.p.o is actually downstream of
Debian unstable ("rebuilt"), but I'm not sure to get it right,
especially for stuff that's not part of PostgreSQL releases.

Regards,

[1] https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind (has separate branches for 9.3
and 9.4)

--