A Core Team statement on recent conference events

От Josh Berkus
Тема A Core Team statement on recent conference events
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Community members:

The PostgreSQL user group in Moscow is currently conducting their
first-ever PostgreSQL-themed conference, which has been a tremendous
success.  Unfortunately, the venue booked by the conference chose to
include inappropriate dancers as part of their entertainment package.
The conference organizers and the Russian PostgreSQL community were not
aware of the nature of the entertainment supplied ahead of time.

The PostgreSQL Core Team believes there is no place for inappropriate or
discriminatory behaviour at PostgreSQL conferences and try to ensure
that all our conferences are suitable for anyone to attend. As
PostgreSQL is an Open Source project with volunteer contributors and a
federated organizational structure, we do not have supervisory control
over how individual conferences are organized, which means that
sometimes they do not benefit from general community experience.

The Russian conference organizers are expected to comment on this
unforseen incident once the conference is concluded. The international
community will be working with them to make sure that this mistake is
not repeated.

--
Josh Berkus
On behalf of the PostgreSQL Core Team