Re: Catalog Bloat

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Catalog Bloat
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1/30/15 11:22 AM, Bill Moran wrote:
>> >Any suggestions on eliminating?  Not sure if tools like pg_reorg are
>> >appropriate (or effective) or even vacuum full (yikes).
>> >I'd prefer not to take a complete outage - but I would if this bloat is
>> >really an issue.
> I don't know the parameters of the system that uses this DB, but you should
> be able to VACUUM FULL or REINDEX those tables pretty quickly.

Be careful if you're running an old version though... at one point
VACUUM FULL would actually make index bloat a lot worse because it
physically moved tuples in the same heap instead of rebuilding the heap
from scratch. If your index bloat is still bad you can REINDEX (at least
I think that's allowed on catalog tables).