RES: PGJDBC 8 transaction problem

От Rodrigo Willian Bonatto
Тема RES: PGJDBC 8 transaction problem
Дата
Re: RES: PGJDBC 8 transaction problem  (Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Oliver and Dave,

I agree with you. I could use conn.commit(), but I have a particular
environment here and I'll try to explain.

My application use XML in my business tier to create and validate my
business rules.

My application use the connection provided by a data source Application
Server and I use my own XML tags, like <query/> to get some information
from database to be used in my business rules.

Some times I need to update some records and use these data in my
business rules and I need to this using my own XML tags.

In some cases I use BEGIN with COMMIT in the body of my own XML tag
<query/> to perform some updates and queries without java code.

Using BEGIN and COMMIT with PGJDBC 7.4 works perfectly but not with
version 8.x.

I could use another XML tag to perform update separately from another
SQL queries, but I would like to know if PGJDBC 8 supports BEGIN and
COMMIT in a single statement.

Regards,

Rodrigo