Re: PATCH: Reducing lock strength of trigger and foreign key DDL

От Andreas Karlsson
Тема Re: PATCH: Reducing lock strength of trigger and foreign key DDL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/30/2015 07:48 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Ok, so the deal is to finally reduce the locks to
> ShareRowExclusiveLock for the following commands :
> - CREATE TRIGGER
> - ALTER TABLE ENABLE/DISABLE
> - ALTER TABLE ADD CONSTRAINT

Correct. I personally still find this useful enough to justify a patch.

> Looking at the latest patch, it seems that in
> AlterTableGetLockLevel@tablecmds.c we ought to put AT_ReAddConstraint,
> AT_AddConstraintRecurse and AT_ProcessedConstraint under the same
> banner as AT_AddConstraint. Thoughts?

Good point. I think moving those would be a good thing even though it is
technically not necessary for AT_AddConstraintRecurse, since that one
should only be related to check constraints.

--
Andreas