Re: pg_upgrade and rsync

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: pg_upgrade and rsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/29/2015 09:11 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 12:09:58PM -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Then step 2 should specify that it's for the master.
>
> Right.  Josh is just listing all the steps --- the pg_upgrade docs
> already have that spelled out in detail.

What I'm also saying is that, if we expect anyone to be able to follow
all of these steps, it has to be very explicit; just saying "Follow the
pg_upgrade docs but don't start the master yet" isn't clear enough,
because the pg_upgrade docs have a few alternative paths.

On  the whole, I personally would never follow this procedure at a
production site.  It's way too fragile and easy to screw up.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Сообщение: Re: pg_check_dir comments and implementation mismatch
Сообщение: Re: pg_check_dir comments and implementation mismatch