Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/28/15 12:46 AM, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
>> >Also, what happens if someone reloads the config in the middle of running
>> >the SRF?
> hba entries are reloaded only in postmaster process, not in every backend.
> So there shouldn't be any problem with config file reload. Am i
> missing something?

Ahh, good point. That does raise another issue though... there might well be some confusion about that. I think people
areused to the varieties of how settings come into effect that perhaps this isn't an issue with pg_settings, but it's
probablyworth at least mentioning in the docs for a pg_hba view.