Re: Shortcoming in CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY coverage: disk buffer pointers

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Shortcoming in CLOBBER_FREED_MEMORY coverage: disk buffer pointers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/24/15 3:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Another idea is to teach Valgrind that whenever a backend reduces its
> pin count on a shared buffer to zero, that buffer should become undefined
> memory.

<paranoia>

Shouldn't this technically tie in with ResourceOwners? If a pointer takes the pin count from 1 to 2, then that pointer
shouldbe invalid by the time the pin count goes from 2 to 1...

I'm worried that a simple test when pin count is 0 could miss some cases of pointers just happening to be cleared by a
secondpart of the code even though the pin count has already dropped.

Сообщение: Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: pgaudit - an auditing extension for PostgreSQL