Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/23/2015 08:36 AM, Petr Novak wrote:
> Just the config files for the replica, all other dirs were removed.

Alright, lets look at the other end. You are using -x which is:

Using this option is equivalent of using -X with method fetch.

and

-X fetch is:

fetch

The transaction log files are collected at the end of the backup.
Therefore, it is necessary for the wal_keep_segments parameter to be set
high enough that the log is not removed before the end of the backup. If
the log has been rotated when it's time to transfer it, the backup will
fail and be unusable.

So are the three servers that failed pulling from parents that are
seeing heavy use and do not have a sufficiently large wal_keep_segments set?

> On Jan 23, 2015 5:30 PM, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
>
>     On 01/23/2015 08:21 AM, Petr Novak wrote:
>
>         Hi Adrian,
>
>         sure the command is as follows:
>
>         pg_basebackup -h <hostname> -p <port> -D /data2/pgsql/baseb -P -v -U
>         replicator -x -c fast
>
>         After that I moved the content of /data2/pgsql/baseb to actual
>         datadir
>         and tried to start up the cluster.
>

>     Where there left over files in actual datadir from initial cluster init?
>
>     On some servers it worked on the
>
>         three didn't. The servers are of the same HW config and the
>         prerequisites are on all servers set by puppet.

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup
Сообщение: Re: CLOG read problem after pg_basebackup