Re: pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: pgsql: Another attempt at fixing Windows Norwegian locale.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On 01/16/2015 04:17 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> writes:
>> Backpatch to 9.2 like the previous attempt. We haven't made a release that
>> includes the previous fix yet, so we don't need to worry about changing the
>> locale of existing clusters from "norwegian-bokmal" to "Norwegian_Norway".
>> (Doing any mapping like this at all requires changing the locale of
>> existing databases; the release notes need to include instructions for
>> that).
>
> What instructions do you have in mind to give?

I wrote preliminary instructions here:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/35205/fix-bokmal-pg_database.txt.
Another method is to use pg_upgrade. I'll need to format that for the
release notes, and add more explanation of what the issue is and who it
applies to.

Or perhaps it would be better to put those instructions on a wiki page,
so that we can easily add to it later if necessary?

- Heikki