Re: Convert boolean field to a 0 or a 1 in a select statement

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: Convert boolean field to a 0 or a 1 in a select statement
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On 01/09/2015 08:47 AM, JORGE MALDONADO wrote:
> I have a SELECT statement which contains a boolean field. The result
> of this query must display '0' for false or '1' for true. I will be
> generating a text file with this information and a zero or a one is
> required. I have tried using the CASE statement without success.
>
> CAST(fce_subdivision as CHAR) AS fce_subdivision_aux,
> CASE CAST(fce_subdivision as CHAR)
>     WHEN 'f' THEN '0'
>     WHEN 't' THEN '1'
> END

I recommend reading the docs to ensure this casting is explicitly
documented so it won't stop working in future releases but this works
for me:
select true::int:char(1);

Where you would replace "true" with the name of your boolean field.

Cheers,
Steve