Re: [RFC] LSN Map

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [RFC] LSN Map
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/7/15, 3:50 AM, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> The current implementation tracks only heap LSN. It currently does not
> track any kind of indexes, but this can be easily added later.

Would it make sense to do this at a buffer level, instead of at the heap level? That means it would handle both heap
andindexes. I don't know if LSN is visible that far down though.

Also, this pattern is repeated several times; it would be good to put it in it's own function:
+         lsnmap_pin(reln, blkno, &lmbuffer);
+         lsnmap_set(reln, blkno, lmbuffer, lsn);
+         ReleaseBuffer(lmbuffer);