Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Turning recovery.conf into GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/15 7:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> D. Wierd name: for those doing only replication, not PITR,
> "recovery.conf" is completely baffling.

I don't disagree, but "standby.enabled" or whatever isn't any better,
for the inverse reason.

But replication and PITR are the same thing, so any name is going to
have that problem.

One way out of that would be to develop higher-level abstractions, like
pg_ctl start -m standby or something, similar to how pg_ctl promote is
an abstraction and got people away from fiddling with trigger files.