Re: Patch to add functionality to specify ORDER BY in CREATE FUNCTION for SRFs

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Patch to add functionality to specify ORDER BY in CREATE FUNCTION for SRFs
Дата
Re: Patch to add functionality to specify ORDER BY in CREATE FUNCTION for SRFs  (Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 1/6/15, 1:00 AM, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:

> Even checking whether the output of the function is in the right order or not, has its cost. I am suggesting that we
caneliminate this cost as well. For example, PostgreSQL does not check whether a function is really immutable or not.

Actually, it does:

select test();
ERROR:  UPDATE is not allowed in a non-volatile function
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "UPDATE i SET i=i+1"PL/pgSQL function test() line 3 at SQL statement
STATEMENT:  select test();

От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)
От: Kouhei Kaigai
Сообщение: Re: Custom/Foreign-Join-APIs (Re: [v9.5] Custom Plan API)