Re: Updating copyright notices to 2015 for PGDG

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: Updating copyright notices to 2015 for PGDG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01/06/2015 04:19 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Jan  3, 2015 at 01:45:37PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 03, 2015 at 09:54:16PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Shouldn't we update the copyright notices to 2015 for PGDG like in
>>> 7e04792? I mean those things mainly:
>>> Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2014, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
>>> Regards,
>>
>> I just ran this:
>>
>>     ./src/tools/copyright.pl
>>     Using current year:  2015
>>     Manually update doc/src/sgml/legal.sgml and src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.rc.in too.
>>     Also update ./COPYRIGHT and doc/src/sgml/legal.sgml in all back branches.
>>
>> and did what it said on the current branch.
>>
>> Please find patch attached.
>
> I will run the script today.  I didn't do it earlier because I want to
> be current on reading community email before doing it.

hmm is it intentional that the commit also changed other files?

looks like the commited patch added newlines to various files that had
none before for example:

src/test/isolation/specs/nowait-2.spec
src/test/isolation/specs/nowait-3.spec
src/test/isolation/specs/skip-locked-4.spec
src/test/modules/commit_ts/commit_ts.conf

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=4baaf863eca5412e07a8441b3b7e7482b7a8b21a#patch1352

while I do think that the files should have newlines I dont think those
should be added in a copyright bump commit and I think the script might
actually break files where we specifically dont want a newline (afaik we
dont have atm but still)

Stefan