Re: BUG #12326: I think maybe postgresql has a problem about timezone.

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: BUG #12326: I think maybe postgresql has a problem about timezone.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 12/24/2014 1:54 AM, zhangyingyun001@gmail.com wrote:
>       hi all, I am a new. My postgresql's version is 8.4.18. And I have
> encounter a problem about timezone.
>       When I insert a Date value like 'Wed Dec 24 17:28:46 CST 2014' (it
> comes from new Date() with Java), and then if you select this value , you
> will find a big problem about time. However , If I insert this value without
> the timezone of CST, the time is normal absolutely. So I haven't idea about
> whether it is a bug. But I hope you can consider it.
>        Thank you for your time. Thanks.

CST is ambiguous, it can be either US Central Standard Time, or Chinese
Standard Time.

what SQL data type is the field you inserted this timestamp into, and
what result did you get back?  also, what is your local TIMEZONE
setting, as shown by the SQL command SHOW TIMEZONE;  ?