Re: BUG #5689: UPDATE locks index before table resulting in deadlock

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5689: UPDATE locks index before table resulting in deadlock
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Peter Ajamian" <peter@pajamian.dhs.org> writes:
> From what I can understand, the UPDATE is trying to lock the index before
> locking the table.

That is not the case, as study of the source code will prove to you.

I think what probably happened here is that the UPDATE was part of
a transaction that already had some relevant locks, but you haven't
provided enough information to diagnose it beyond that.