Re: Fractions in GUC variables

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: Fractions in GUC variables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12/7/14, 1:48 PM, John Gorman wrote:
> This patch implements the first wiki/Todo Configuration Files item "Consider normalizing fractions in
postgresql.conf,perhaps using '%'".

FWIW, I've reviewed this (should have read the thread first :/). It looks clean, passes make check and works as
advertised.I also looked at what config options were set to be % and they make sense. Looking for .[0-9] in
postgresql.conf,the only GUCs I saw where % didn't make sense was the two geco GUCs Heikki mentioned.

One thing I don't like is the need to wrap a %-based SET in quotes, but we need to do that for all GUCs that include
units,so presumably there's no good way around it.