work copying over to closed servers and databases

От Scott Robertson
Тема work copying over to closed servers and databases
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

I use PgAdmin when I can't find the command in psql, such as creating new servers and connecting to servers. I guess it's OK to have them both open at the same time.

Here is today's main problem, and it's a big one.

I found that roles and tables I'd made for one database had gotten copied to all the other servers, so I deleted the unwanted junk from "PostgreSQL 9.3 (localhost:5432)", created a new server and a new database, and added roles to it. I didn't add anything else to it, no tables. Did nothing else.

Then I tried to open an older database and it was gone, along with its 17 tables, and instead, the new roles I'd just created in a different server and different database had replicated themselves to this server. I have four servers and the same thing happened to them all. They were all disconnected (red x) while I was adding roles to my new server from psql. Now I have four servers with identical roles that I did not put there, and the only db I'd done any serious work on just disappeared. The PgAdmin did crash once today.

Until today I had no problems with postgres, I've been using it to learn on, as I am a complete novice.

 Scott

--
stumpednomore@gmail.com