Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 13/12/14 10:57, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>
>>> I'm going to experiment with that idea and see if it leads to a
>>> solution.  I tried the other idea yesterday (to keep the HW tuple lock
>>> we acquire in heap_lock_tuple until heap_update is done) but aside from
>>> being very complicated and bug-prone, it doesn't solve the problem
>>> anyway.
>>
>> Here's a preliminary patch.
>
> Here's a finished version of this patch, which I messed a bit with and
> so needs some extra testing.  I want to push this shortly and backpatch
> to 9.4 and 9.3.  I don't want to disrupt the 9.4.0 release next week,
> but it'd be nice not to ship it with this bug.

This patch seems good too. I'm possibly seeing it performing slightly
slower than the previous patch (approx 68 tps vs 63 on average -
completely untuned 9.5 running on a single SATA drive, but that could
just be natural variation/noise).

Regards

Mark

Сообщение: Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE
Сообщение: Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE