Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: regression, deadlock in high frequency single-row UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 10/12/14 06:28, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Mark Kirkwood

>     Just mucking about I changed certain things in your schema setup
>     (removed ON DELETE CASCADE, use CURRENT_TIMESTAMP instead of
>     now()...lessen the use of DEFAULT)...however still seeing deadlocks
>     in 9.4, so at least it is easy to reproduce!
>

> Can you speak to what benefits those changes might yield? Or point to
> relevant docs?

Not so much advantages - just seeing if I could still reproduce the
issue with a simpler test case i.e ensuring you were not doing anything
'odd' - and you are not :-)

The next step would be trying to figure out what commit introduced this
behaviour - but depesz has already beaten me to that (nice work)!

Cheers

Mark