Re: Any better plan for this query?..

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Any better plan for this query?..
Дата
Re: Any better plan for this query?..  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Any better plan for this query?..  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Robert, what I'm testing now is 256 users max. The workload is growing
progressively from 1, 2, 4, 8 ... to 256 users. Of course the Max
throughput is reached on the number of users equal to 2 * number of
cores, but what's important for me here - database should continue to
keep the workload! - response time regressing, but the troughput
should remain near the same.

So, do I really need a pooler to keep 256 users working??  - I don't
think so, but please, correct me.

BTW, I did not look to put PostgreSQL in bad conditions - the test is
the test, and as I said 2 years ago PostgreSQL outperformed MySQL on
the same test case, and there was nothing done within MySQL code to
improve it explicitly for db_STRESS.. And I'm staying pretty honest
when I'm testing something.

Rgds,
-Dimitri