Re: What is the most optimal config parameters to keep stable write TPS ?..

Hi Kevin,

PostgreSQL: 8.3.7 & 8.4
Server: Sun M5000 32cores
OS: Solaris 10

current postgresql.conf:

#================================
max_connections = 2000                  # (change requires restart)
effective_cache_size = 48000MB
shared_buffers = 12000MB
temp_buffers = 200MB
work_mem = 100MB                                # min 64kB
maintenance_work_mem = 600MB            # min 1MB

max_fsm_pages = 2048000
fsync = on                              # turns forced synchronization on or off
synchronous_commit = off                # immediate fsync at commit
wal_sync_method = fdatasync
wal_buffers = 2MB
wal_writer_delay = 400ms                # 1-10000 milliseconds

checkpoint_segments = 128
checkpoint_timeout = 30s

archive_mode = off
track_counts = on
autovacuum = on
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
autovacuum_max_workers = 4
autovacuum_naptime = 20                 # time between autovacuum runs
autovacuum_vacuum_threshold = 50
autovacuum_analyze_threshold = 50
autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor = 0.001

lc_messages = 'C'