Re: Shared buffers, db transactions commited, and write IO on Solaris

От Dimitri
Тема Re: Shared buffers, db transactions commited, and write IO on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Folks,

to close topic with "LOG block size=1K" idea - I took a time to test
it (yes) and in best cases there is only 15% gain comparing to 8K -
storage protocol is quite heavy itself, so less or more data sent
within it doesn't reduce service time too much... As well even this
gain is quickly decreasing with growing workload! So, yes 8K is good
enough and probably the most optimal choice for LOG (as well data)
block size.

Rgds,
-Dimitri