Re: Exponential processing time for multiple SELECT FOR UPDATE / UPDATE in a single transaction with PostgreSQL 9.x ?

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Exponential processing time for multiple SELECT FOR UPDATE / UPDATE in a single transaction with PostgreSQL 9.x ?
Дата
Ответ на Re: Exponential processing time for multiple SELECT FOR UPDATE / UPDATE in a single transaction with PostgreSQL 9.x ?  (Nathanael Terrien <nte@mustinformatique.fr>)
Список pgsql-odbc
On 12/05/2014 01:03 PM, Nathanael Terrien wrote:
>> Maybe. Or just changed behavior between 8.4 and 9.0.
>
> The tests we performed with other connection methods don't slow down  (Omnis Studio + PGDAM, C# + npgsql, or just a
functioncalled multiple times in the same query window from pgAdmin).

>> Could you write a self-contained test case to demonstrate this?
>
> Yes.

Thanks!

> Do you mind if it's a DotNet EXE  ?

I'd prefer plain C, I don't have a .net development environment
installed. But if you write a short .net program to reproduce it, I
should be able to rewrite it in C pretty quickly, as long as you provide
the sources.

- Heikki

От: Nathanael Terrien
Сообщение: Re: Exponential processing time for multiple SELECT FOR UPDATE / UPDATE in a single transaction with PostgreSQL 9.x ?
От: Alvaro Herrera