Re: Cannot Start Postgres After System Boot

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Cannot Start Postgres After System Boot
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>    Since I cannot start the postmaster I cannot run pg_dumpall.

As far as I can tell you *are* starting the postmaster, and it is
responding when you query it via TCP (eg, with "psql -h localhost").
What is not working is connections via the Unix socket.  I still
suspect that the problem there is that the postmaster is creating
the socket file somewhere other than /tmp, but your client library
thinks /tmp is where to look.